Physical Exam in Pittsburg, PA
AFC Urgent Care Offers Comprehensive Walk-in Physical Examinations
AFC Urgent Care walk-in clinic offers an easy solution for completing your school, sports, camp, driver’s license, or DOT physicals.
- No appointment is needed, just stop by whenever it is convenient for you
- All exams are performed by experienced physicians
- Open 7 days a week, from 8 am-8 pm
The exam helps determine whether it’s safe for you to participate in a particular activity. Pennsylvania requires that student athletes complete a sports physical prior to each upcoming competitive season.
What to Expect During Your Physical Examination:
Family and Medical History
The doctors will review your basic medical history, including:
- Serious illnesses among other family members
- Illnesses that you had when you were younger or may have now, such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries
- Past injuries
- List of current medications
- Does the athlete have asthma (wheezing), hay fever, or coughing spells after exercise?
- Has the athlete ever stopped exercising because of dizziness or passed out during exercise?
- Has the athlete ever suffered a heat-related illness (heat stroke)?
During the physical part of the exam, the doctor will usually:
- Record your height and weight
- Take a blood pressure and pulse reading
- Conduct a vision test
- Check your heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluate your posture, joints, strength, and flexibility
Remember to bring any specific forms required by your school or organization. Otherwise, we have a standard form that is typically accepted by most organizations.
Formerly Doctors Express